At Albany Housing Trust, we value the contribution of our volunteers highly. Participants in our VP have come from people in the local community wanting to make a difference, people seeking work experience.
Volunteering at AHT offers you the chance to:
- Develop a professional rapport with clients
- Support client recovery through engagement and empowerment
- Organise One-to-One and Peer Group Sessions,
- Deliver Art / Cooking Workshops and supervise Days Trips to museums / art / culture
- Cultivate self-esteem and confidence
- Support clients in developing skills and ambitions
- Support and signpost clients to academic or vocational opportunities
- Shadow and assist staff
Volunteers can take away with them:
- Experience of working directly with those with complex mental health needs
- An array of skills concerning communication, client engagement and recovery
- The opportunity to apply your existing practical and theoretical knowledge
- Useful experience for a career in social or mental health work
All Volunteers receive training covering Company Induction, a Person Centred Holistic Approach to Recovery, various Recovery Models, Empowerment for Decision Making and Self Esteem, Motivational Interviewing and much more.
At AHT all our Volunteers have their travel and food expenses paid for.